Early Enrollment Membership Incentive Plan
Early Enrollment is for first-time Active and new Student Program Recruits only!Some of the incentives for signing up for the early enrollment are:
No Cost. Between April 1 and August 31, 2012, the NEA Early Enrollment Membership Incentive Plan offers eligible recruits no-cost access as “Insured’s” in the NEA Educators Employment Liability (EEL) Program and access to select NEA Member Benefits programs.
Limited Eligibility. Early enrollment is limited to recruits for the 2012-2013 membership year who are either:
# Individuals who sign up and pledge to pay unified Active membership dues as afirst-time Active member beginning September 1, 2012, or
# New NEA Student Program recruits who sign up and fully pay NEA Student Program dues for the 2012-2013 membership year at the time of enrollment.
For all purposes, including membership counts and governance representation, early enrollees are non-members until the membership year begins on September 1, 2012.
Additional Benefits. Early enrollees have access to these unique NEA Member Benefits programs:
NEA Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance Plan
NEA Group Term Life Insurance Plan
NEA Members Auto and Home Insurance Program
NEA Car Rental Program
NEA Credit Card Program
NEA Magazine Services
Early Enrollment Does Not Cover—Starts September 1 of the year you join
L Legal Services
L Access Card (Membership Card)
What Needs to Be Completed for Early Enrollment
Write “EARLY ENROLLEE” on the top of the Membership Contract, and draw a line through the current year and write 2012-2013
A Membership Contract—fill in everything listed below:
- Social Security number
- Home Phone
- Cell Phone
- Mailing Address, Apt. (if applicable), City, State, Zip
- Street Address with Zip (even if you have a PO Box)
- Home Email address is preferred
- Ethnicity -Date of Birth -Gender
- Local Association Name (NOABBREVIATIONS)
- School Building/Work Site/Campus
- Position—PLEASE USE ONE OF THE TITLES LISTED ON THE BACK OF THE MEMBERS COPY OF THE MEMBERSHIP CONTRACT. THESE ARE THE ONLY TILTES THAT WE CAN PUT INTO THE SYSTEM. If you write something that is not on the list, we cannot put that in the system.
- Subject— PLEASE USE ONE OF THE TITLES LISTED ON THE BACK OF THE MEMBERS COPY OF THE MEMBERSHIP CONTRACT. THESE ARE THE ONLY TILTES THAT WE CAN PUT INTO THE SYSTEM. If you write something that is not on the list, we cannot put that in the system.
- MUST HAVE: NEA Membership Type (example: AC-1-100 or AC-2-100)
WEA Membership Type (example: AC-1-100 or AC-2-205)
LEA Membership Type (example: AC-1-100 or AC-2-205)
- Mark Check or Payroll Deduction—do not fill in any dollar amounts
- Have them sign the Member’s Signature and the Date
Under Contract for Continuous Membership payroll Deduction Authorization “lower half” where it starts (I hereby instruct and authorize (Employer).
- If authorizing payroll deduction have them write the employer (School District), and sign and date
- Have recruiter sign
üEarly Enrollment PLEDGE Sheet—fill in:
- Insert the Local’s Name
- Have them sign and date
Mail the Membership Contract and the Pledge Sheet In—other copies will need to go to the Payroll Office (with a note indicating that they will be members for the FY), Local Copy will stay with the Local, and Member Copy goes to the Member.
NOTE: members will NOT have to sign a new MEMBERSHIP CONTRACT in September. Once they have filled out an Early Enrollment Pledge and a Membership Contract they are automatically a member.