PLEASE SEND ANY PHOTOS OR INFORMATION ABOUT THE GLEE PROGRAM OR AMERICAN EDUCATION WEEK ACTIVITIES THAT YOU DID IN YOUR CLASSROOM TO COLEEN.
2013 GLEE Program Toolkit
DID YOUR LEGISLATOR KNOW ABOUT THE GREAT THINGS HAPPENING AT YOUR SCHOOL?
Now is the time to give the Wyoming legislature an educational experience! Education employees are encouraged to invite their legislators to spend an entire school day during the week of November 18-22, teaching students, designing lesson plans, grading papers, sweeping hallways, serving hot lunches, and helping out with other daily activities in their local public schools.
Because of their decision-making and budgeting responsibilities, GLEE Week gives legislators an opportunity to experience the daily successes and challenges in our public schools. It is important they experience firsthand what is going on in your school.
- Show off the successes in your school! Let them know what is working and what obstacles exist.
- Provide them insight into how things actually operate inside your school!
- Let them meet the qualified and caring education employees in your building!
- Build a positive relationship with your local legislators!
If you would like your school to participate, get together with your local association to put the details together.
- Who will you invite?
- What activities will he/she participate in while there?
- Who is willing to volunteer to help or host in your school?
- Should you host a thank-you reception after school and invite other community leaders?
We know how busy you are, so we tried to make this super easy for you! Download the toolkit pieces listed below. The kit includes the materials needed to invite your legislator, plan the event, spread the work and more. Too easy!!
Have questions? Contact your UniServ Director. We are here to help you in any way we can. Plus, we want to know which legislators accepted your invitation, as well as which ones did not.
This grassroots-style event is a result of member requests. We look forward to hearing how well the event succeeds this year and how we can improve on it for next year.