WHO WE ARE
Wyoming Education Association (WEA) members work in Wyoming’s schools, colleges, and the university to help improve public education and the lives of Wyoming’s students. WEA members–more than 6,300 strong–provide a wide range of professional education services in communities throughout the state.
Our members teach in kindergarten classrooms, high school labs and university halls.We counsel adolescents and help students carve out career aspirations. We coach athletes and transport students to and from the schools and extra-curricular events. We provide professional services to benefit students, schools and the public in virtually every position needed to run Wyoming’s schools.
WEA members are dedicated to children and public education. Since 1892, the WEA has been working to make schools better and improve public education. Our association is dedicated to working in partnership with parents, community leaders and elected officials to help Wyoming’s students and improve public education.
The purpose of the Wyoming EA is to promote the cause of public education and improve the quality of teaching and learning. Through our more than 100-year history, WEA members have been involved in every struggle and effort to advance the finest of America ‘s dreams: universal, free public education for every child.
- Teach Wyoming’s children, from kindergarten through higher education
- Work in virtually every public school building and work site in the state
- Transport Wyoming’s students to and from schools and school-related events
- Prepare and serve nourishing meals to students throughout the state
- Work on committees to develop Wyoming’s new academic content standards
- Meet frequently with other education groups supporting children
- Provide workshops to share instructional ideas and techniques that work
- Work to upgrade the teaching profession and improve the quality of teaching
- Share joint projects that benefit students with businesses, PTOs, social agencies and civic groups
- Work to upgrade salaries, working conditions and learning conditions in public schools
- Provide free parent information and brochures on topics as widespread as how to help your child learn more and how to deal with the anxiety of high-stakes testing, plus reading tips and much more
- Lobby the legislature, school boards and governing bodies to improve policies and advance public education
- Fight for improved funding and educational opportunities for all Wyoming’s students
- Urge parents, guardians and other citizens to come to school to meet their child’s teachers and the other education professionals who care for and guide their children
- Work in partnerships aimed at improving schools through innovation
WEA members are the people who have dedicated themselves to students and public education. WEA believes in great public schools for every child!